Friday, February 27, 2009

February 26th: Set Up Begins

The setup begins....today is science fair day. I have a love hate relationship with science fair. The hate part is all the paper work that has to be done and all the little details that I have to see are taken care of. I wonder what would happen if I just let part of these details go? Would someone pick up the slack? Would anyone notice but me? Do I have the courage to do it?


The love part of my science fair relationship is seeing it come together. Seeing the kids faces when they win prizes is a very rewarding experience. Then after the projects are completed it is just gravy watching them advance from one level to the next. A second rewarding experience is watching the students gain confidence in themselves and their abilities. This far out weighs the hate part and is the reason I continue to push the kids to do their best.



No comments:

Post a Comment