Sunday, April 10, 2011

Morning's Work

ah....progress. I resewed the messed up strip sets this morning and laid out the pattern on my design wall. I love my design wall. No more crawling around in the floor for me.

This afternoon, I sewed the blocks into rows, and the rows then into a top. Finally, I added a 2 1/2 inch blue border and a 4 1/2 inch brown border. Now for the quilting....

Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Project

A fellow teacher at NJHS is expecting his first child. I decided that I would make a Rail Fence quilt for baby. Today, I successfully cut the strips, sewed them together dark, light, medium and cut them back apart to make 6 inch strip sets. Unfortunately, the instruction didn't say to sew only 1/2 of the blocks together so I now get to "unsew" them...... ahhh the joys of sewing.